1X Technologies Unleashes NEO: The Next Wave of Digital Employees in Your Home
In a groundbreaking move, Norwegian-founded 1X Technologies, backed by OpenAI, has secured a staggering $100 million in Series B funding to accelerate its mission of bringing humanoid robots into households. This transformative development, announced on January 11, 2024, marks a significant leap for the company, which had already raised $23.5 million in Series A2 funding just a year ago. With a total funding of over $125 million, 1X Technologies is poised to reshape the landscape of non-human workers, introducing Intelligent Agents like NEO into everyday domestic environments.
1X Technologies, now headquartered in Mountain View, California, has emerged as a key player in the realm of AI robotics, with a specific focus on creating androids that collaborate seamlessly with humans. The company's flagship project, NEO, a second-generation humanoid robot, is designed to provide versatile support for a myriad of domestic tasks. Standing at 165 cm tall, weighing 30 kilograms, and boasting a soft and inherently safe design, NEO mirrors human anatomy and is poised to revolutionize home assistance.
The company's commitment to safety and user-friendliness sets NEO apart from other humanoid robots. Unlike industrial machines, NEO lacks potential hazards, making it suitable for deployment in households. 1X Technologies plans to introduce NEO into the consumer market, offering support for everyday chores like cleaning and organizing. The company is also exploring how NEO can assist individuals with mobility challenges, further expanding its potential applications in sectors like psychology and artificial intelligence research.
NEO's impending release positions 1X Technologies in direct competition with Elon Musk's Tesla Bot, designed for dangerous and repetitive tasks. While Tesla aims to sell its humanoid bots by 2027, the launch of NEO will tap into the domestic market sooner, offering consumers a tangible glimpse into the future of Digital Employees. This strategic move aligns with 1X's overarching mission of addressing global labor demands and fostering an abundant society through innovative android technology.
1X Technologies' journey, founded in 2014 by Bernt Øyvind Børnich, emphasizes a bio-inspired design approach that prioritizes human-like movements and behaviors. The company's existing robot, EVE, operates in logistics and guarding, working alongside human counterparts. With this recent funding injection, 1X Technologies is set to embark on a consumer-focused venture, bringing the dream of having a humanoid assistant in every home closer to reality. The NEO android, poised for a fast-tracked market release, symbolizes a pioneering step towards a harmonious integration of technology and humanity, reshaping the future of our workforce.
- Norwegian-founded 1X Technologies secures $100 million in Series B funding to advance its mission of introducing humanoid robots into households.
- The funding follows a previous round of $23.5 million in Series A2 funding, bringing 1X Technologies' total funding to over $125 million in less than 12 months.
- The company, backed by OpenAI, is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and focuses on designing androids for collaboration with humans to address global labor demands and build an abundant society.
- The flagship project, second-generation humanoid robot NEO, stands 165 cm tall, weighs 30 kilograms, and is designed for versatile support in domestic tasks.
- NEO's distinguishing features include a soft and inherently safe design, lacking potential hazards found in industrial machines, aligning with the company's commitment to deploy secure and user-friendly androids for consumers.
- The funding will also support 1X's enterprise clients in logistics and guarding, highlighting the company's presence in AI robotics across various sectors.
- 1X Technologies aims to introduce NEO into the consumer market, entering households and offering support for everyday chores like cleaning and organizing.
- The imminent release of NEO positions 1X Technologies in competition with Elon Musk's Tesla Bot, designed for dangerous and repetitive tasks, with 1X targeting the domestic market sooner.
- Founded in 2014, 1X Technologies takes a bio-inspired design approach, focusing on human-like movements and behaviors in its androids, such as the existing robot EVE, operating in logistics and guarding.
- The funding injection signifies a strategic shift for 1X Technologies, emphasizing a consumer-focused venture, and marks a transformative step toward integrating humanoid robots into everyday life.