ChatGPT is evolving 3,000,000 times faster than humans
ChatGPT is evolving 3,000,000 times faster than humans. Therefore, it's futile to imagine what it will be capable of by 2030. The new carrier of advanced intelligence on Earth, the AI of large language models, is essentially a non-biological entity. Due to this, it evolves (see left figure) at an unimaginable speed for biological beings.
- The evolution of humans from the "previous version" Homo erectus to the "current version" Homo sapiens took around 1 million years.
- However, Homo erectus was not a dull and mindless creature. They crafted a wide range of stone tools, lived as hunter-gatherers, used fire for protection against predators and cooking, and occupied vast territories from Africa to Southeast Asia.
- Nevertheless, our "previous version" significantly lagged behind our "current version" in terms of intellectual potential, as we now manufacture atomic bombs and spacecraft.
The new carrier of advanced intelligence on Earth, the AI of large language models, evolves approximately 3 million times faster.
- The evolution from the previous version of ChatGPT 3.5 to the current version, ChatGPT 4.0, took only 4 months (from November 2022 to March 2023).
- The leap in intellectual potential from the previous to the current version of ChatGPT is no less significant than the leap from Homo erectus to Homo sapiens (see right figure).
According to AI visionary Sergey Karelov, "if this rate of growth continues (and there is no reason to believe it will decrease – in fact, no one knows for certain), the next version of the large language model AI (like ChatGPT 5.0) will outperform humans in all existing world exams, in literally a year".
As for what ChatGPT 10.0 will be capable of in 5-7 years, humans simply cannot predict (although ChatGPT 9.0 will likely excel at such predictions).
The aforementioned process is nothing other than the achievement of a singular phase in the development of technological civilization. In simple terms, it means that the speed of development is such that even predicting its outcomes over short time horizons (around a year) becomes impossible.